Fiobuoy VS Acoustic Release
Fiobuoy VS Acoustic Release Methods
Fiobuoy VS Assembling your own retrieval system with an acoustic release
- Fiobuoy, and
- A complete system ready to deploy.
- Light and compact.
ASSEMBLING YOUR OWN RETRIEVAL SYSTEM WITH AN ACOUSTIC RELEASE
- Acoustic release.
- Weight & tether line.
- Buoyancy / floatation.
- Retrieval line.
- Canister, and
- Necessary to source, fit and trial separate components.
- Often large, heavy and cumbersome, especially if deploying off smaller vessels.
Fiobuoy VS Rope canister
- Spool design of the Fiobuoy is the most efficient way of storing and releasing rope, (the same way as supplied by rope manufacturers).
- Varied rope lengths and types available.
- Remaining tethered to the seafloor ensures you know where your equipment is – where you left it.
- Unique design of the Fiobuoy allows users to integrate equipment inside the hollow casing, making it an underwater platform.
Rope canisters can easily experience:
- Premature rope release.
- Rope entanglement on release.
- They do not support simple redeployment.
- And it can be difficult to load the rope into the canister.
- Limited in their rope capacity.
- In a traditional configuration the anchor is often left behind on the seabed. The released payload then becomes a free floating package and is easily lost in currents & tides.
- No free space to integrate equipment.
Fiobuoy VS Traditional acoustic release
- Patented mechanical ‘jaw’ ensures release.
- Acoustic command models are backed up by a programmed time/date release for increased reliability.
- Sophisticated acoustic communications utilises a broadband spread spectrum technology for increased reliability.
TRADITIONAL ACOUSTIC RELEASE
- Most acoustic releases have a mechanical ‘arm’ which can be inhibited by marine debris and seaweed.
- No back up provided.
- Simple signalling with limited unique addressing which can be affected by water salinity and temperature and marine life etc.
Fiobuoy total cost of ownership VS Acoustic release + rope canister
ACOUSTIC RELEASE + ROPE CANISTER